The Submission Process Feb 7, 2016 18:27:02 GMT -8
Post by Hetros on Feb 7, 2016 18:27:02 GMT -8
We're tentatively accepting writing submissions at this time, and are trying to work on a unified dialogue submission format at this time. Please bear with us, and help us as best you can so we can begin expanding the written segments of our game together!So you want to submit to our project? Well there's some things to get out of the way first before you can do that!
1) Make sure you actually have played the game a bit! And read the character bibles we've published to the docs! It's important you get this right, especially if you want to begin writing a full blown princess.
2) Keep in mind a lot of people are going to want to write a lot of scenes for a lot of different characters. New character submissions are fine, but if possible, try to make it something that we can just reskin to an existing art asset. If you're feeling confident, write a piece for an existing character if you feel you can nail their character! But certain people might get priority, or even exclusivity, for certain characters.
3) Keep in mind we have our own writers working on the big story events and characters! They can do this fairly quickly in the right circumstances and do often, don't sweat it. Take your time, and work hard! They're experienced and semi-professional at this sorta thing, don't try to keep to their pace.
4) Make sure you use google docs, enable comments, and use the spell checker and grammar checker functions. We're not going to edit for you, so use the submission forums, allow people to suggest edits! Allow them to comment, and edit yourself! For quick reference-
- Writing Submissions: Are uploaded to Google Docs, with commenting enabled, and then a thread made for that submission specifically. Sample Dialogue Submission. Formatting Guidelines Pending.
- Art Submissions: Are uploaded in a thread.
- Content Submissions: Are uploaded in a thread. Formatting Guidelines Pending
5) Likewise, we aren't parsing things for you. We have a parsing document, but you need to actually make our jobs easier, not harder. Unparsed documents will not be considered for inclusion in the project.
7) No NSFW content please, no matter how well written. Maybe someday we'll have full mod support, and then you guys can add that stuff yourselves, but we're keeping the base game we're functioning at an R rating at most. It should also be mentioned that blatantly pornographic submissions of any kind will result in a ban.
8) We can't pay you for this, like, 97% of the time. Very, VERY good writers might be brought onto the team in full, or commissioned for full writing segments, entire character arcs, or even large plot sequences and events. But that will be the exception, not the rule. Anything you write, will be credited using your forum account name, and we'll inform you if it's going in and where it will be found in the game. Even in the case you do get paid, it will not be anything like full time. Don't expect to live off it for even a day.